bouncing burr head

.......News continued

..........Continuing on, here we have more stuff that has happened over the years


"BB Kings Gig with Rick Derringer"

Playing BB Kings for the first time was great fun (although quite some time ago). So much
history there; it kind of gives you butterflys. Rick was cool to talk to. He was very interested in
my then new Green Brian Moore DC1 model guitar. He said he liked the neck. It was cool pitting
my digital guitar set up against his all tube amplifier heaven. My mackies and Mac held up quite well,
not as good as Mr Tone Master, but a close second.


bb kings


jazz festival

That year we were chosen to be the headline act for the Milford Jazz Festival. There were so many
great bands that year. We were honored to be there. The heat was staggering, and we were so sweaty it
was hard to greet the audience after the show. I'm happy to say the audience loved the show and we sold
a record number of CDs. Click on the image to see more pics.


Buddy Guy Concert

So great to play in front of Buddy Guy. So much fun to watch him play. I played my first Brian Moore
guitar on this one. My sound wasn't great, but as a trio, I think we kicked ass. Kim Plainfield really lit
up the stage. We played our song "Of Two Minds" for the first time. Barbara Levin Riley was very
happy and invited us back to Montreux to perform for the second time. Awesome!




"Magazine article about Burr"

You can click on the image to see the article up close


"The BJB's second year playing at the Montreux Jazz Festival"

This was our second year at Montreux. We played several times that year on
different stages. I had a bunch of technical problems but we still rose to the occasion
and got the audiences on their feet.

click the image to see some pics of the gigs



"Our first trip to play at the Montreux Jazz Festival"

Our first visit to Montreux was most definitely an adventure. First of all, when we arrived in
Switzerland our guitars didn't. They apparently never got on the plane. We were scheduled to
perform that night so they had about five hours to find our guitars. They did eventually find them
but the stress level was profound. When we finally got on stage (we were the opening act for the
festival, as if we needed more pressure) the heat coming off the stage was crazy hot. My guitar was
drenched by around the fifth song and went horribly out of tune. I tried in vain to retune it while I
played. Finally I told Al (awesome bass buddy) to take a solo while I tuned up, and that did the trick.
The MIDI sounds in my set up (synthesizer sounds, which I blend with the regular sounds) were mixed
much to loudly by the sound guy, and therefore it was difficult to hear the regular guitar sounds. But
we managed to adjust and in the end the performance went pretty well. After that first night we had
several days off before we would be on stage again. We tried to rehearse but could not find a place
to play. So we just took in the sights and watched the other bands perform. On Wednesday we played
on one of the outside stages. That was fun except they gave me a transformer to use that wound up
blowing up my Axon (synthesizer thing). Being the overly prepared monkey that I am I had another
one with me. So I just broke it out and everything was good again, though we did loose about 20
minutes of our playing time. We sold the most number of CDs from that performance, and added
many new fans to our list. If you go to check out the performance at the
web site, check out the drunken French guy who keeps dancing into the camera view. He
was at many of the out side shows we saw and has a very unique way of moving to the
music. We enjoyed watching his wine induced interpretive dance steps.

Later that evening I played with BB King. I had a great time and BB said very nice things.
There was this other guy though, an older Kentucky blues man, who was havinga lot of difficulty.
It seemed like he was really struggling with the whole "Play with other people and follow a chord
progression" thing. BB was very pleasant about the whole thing. He never said a cross
word to the guy. A perfect gentleman.

Even Later that same evening (3:00 am to be exact) we played as a band again. This time we played
at the Jazz Cafe. This might have been our finest moment over there. Even though it was so late
(or so early, depending on your perspective) the place was packed. We'd had little or no sleep for two
and a half days and were running on straight adrenaline. The audience was totally pumped though and
we were inspired by their energy. They were screaming, I was screaming, we were all screaming
(no ice cream though). I was so happy when we finished that last set. I felt like this one was a
pretty good representation of our "Thing". I've been getting lots of cool e-mails from the
people who saw us over there. Please keep them coming.